Pre-owned Jeeps for sale in Pretoria
Jeep has been known to be more than just a brand. When you drive a Jeep, you drive a lifestyle. It is an iconic brand, identified by its great handling and easy manoeuvrability which makes driving in the city just as easy as in the countryside.
The first Jeeps were designed as military vehicles to face the toughest terrains, so all their features are made durable. Many Jeeps are ready-made, off-road cars, offering a higher road clearance, turned suspension, all-wheel drive and general-purpose tyres.
At Citton Cars, the timeless SUVs on offer have retained their value and still boast an impressive performance for many years to come. You can choose from the Wrangler, Grand Cherokee (which is the most-awarded SUV) or the Renegade. Filter your selection by make, model, year, mileage, body type, price, fuel economy or plan.
Visit our Jeep Range for more and use our search filters by make, model, year, mileage, body type, price, fuel economy or plan.
Benefits of buying a pre-owned Jeep
- You save: A pre-owned Jeep is much more affordable than a brand new one, which means more money in your pocket!
- Warranties: Most dealerships will have warranties on pre-owned Jeeps, which will give you peace of mind.
- Quality: Pre-owned Jeeps at Citton Cars are taken through thorough tests to makes sure you are buying the best quality vehicle. When buying a pre-owned Jeep, you are buying the best quality at a price you can afford.
Tips for buying a pre-owned Jeep
- Inspect the undercarriage: Ensure there is no rust on the frame of the car. Inspect the exhaust of the Jeep. If there is rust that has caused holes in the exhaust, this can lead to emission issues.
- Under the hood: Request the full-service history of the Jeep and ask if any other maintenance has been done on the vehicle. Inspect the air filter, the oil levels and check for any leaks. Jeeps tend to have oil/ coolant leaks.
- Test drive: Always insist on a test drive, and schedule it in advance. Take the car for a drive in different road conditions to get a real feel for the car. Pay close attention to acceleration and hard braking.
How to know what pre-owned Jeep to look for
Jeeps are made to last and can remain in good driving condition for up to 30 years. If you are in the market for a pre-owned Jeep, the best would be to look for a Jeep between 5- and 10-years old; these would generally be in the most affordable price range.
Grand Cherokee: For traditional urban driving
- This model has a large and spacious interior with excellent handling for a big car.
- It looks and feels like a big-sized SUV, but has the acceleration of a much smaller car.
- This model has an all-wheel-drive system, with a refined suspension and chassis footprint.
Jeep Patriot/Renegade: If you want something smaller
- This is an SUV model, which can fit 4-5 people and has space for cargo.
- It’s the perfect car if you need something a little bit more compact than an actual SUV.
Jeep Wrangler: If you are looking to go in search of an off-road adventure
- This model has a nifty layout, with a 2-door or 4-door option and can even have its top removed.
- It’s a favourite as an SUV.
- It is smaller than most Jeep SUVs and comes with a few extras.
- It excels on off-road terrain and is the perfect SUV for driving in the city.