Citton Cars CPA Code of Conduct
Through our values, we strive to create a company and workplace that is respected and emulated throughout the business world
What is the CPA?
South Africa’s new Consumer Protection Act (“The Act” or “CPA) aims to provide the consumer with certain rights and protection. Citton Cars (Pty) Ltd and all its affiliates and subsidiaries acknowledge and support the Act.
In light of this we have drafted a code of conduct we will follow at all times in our dealings with you.
To get a copy of the new Consumer Protection Act go to: http://www.dti.gov.za/ccrd/CPAct09.pdf.
Our aim is the following:
* To comply with the principles of the Act in all our dealings with our customers, whether it be marketing, the sale of goods and after sales service.
* To keep striving for fair business practices in all our dealings.
* To respect you and your consumer rights.
* To do everything in our power to make your consumer experience with us, pleasant.
We promise to promote your CPA rights as follows:
The right to receive goods of good quality and safety
* What we offer. We offer you goods of good quality for the purposes for which they are generally intended.
* Your rights. You have the right to good quality goods.
* No misleading advertising. We will not advertise any misleading material intentionally.
The right to choose:
* We will offer you a range of good quality goods at competitive prices and we will not pressurize you to purchase any vehicle you do not want.
It may benefit you to buy a combination of goods and services at a favourable price and only then will we bundle products together for sale. For example, we recommend that you buy a warranty when you buy any of our vehicles.
The right to redress:
* Contact us. If you have any problems, please contact us first so that we can resolve any dispute. We appreciate and welcome any kind of feedback in order for us to make sure that you have an enjoyable shopping experience and to improve our customer service at Citton Cars on (012) 3356740 or you can e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* In-store feedback. You can also give feedback to our staff in-store.
* Industry Ombud. If the problem is still not sorted out you can approach the Motor Industry Ombudsman of South Africa. You can find out more about how to complain at www.miosa.co.za
* National Consumer Commission. You can also call the National Consumer Commission on 012 940 4500 or 0860 266 786. Otherwise you can e-mail them at email@example.com or visit the website www.nccsa.org.za.
Living out our values in the spirit of the CPA:
In following the spirit and content of the CPA we will carry on serving our customers in the best possible way so that we can give effect to our values of:
* Customer focus: We go above and beyond to give you the best possible retail experience and we have now gone even further to make sure that we honour your rights, in terms of the newest consumer legislation in South Africa.
- The vehicles are used and therefore they must be of the quality that you can reasonably expect from a product of that quality.
- Certain goods carry a manufacturer warranty. Since we have no control over the manufacturers, we cannot accept returns for manufacturing faults that we did not know about.
* Your health and safety. We will not, purposefully, sell you goods that are hazardous to health or may cause you harm. Product information and usage instructions will generally be found on the product packaging.
* Important: We only sell used goods (as defined in S1 of the Consumer Protection Act). We can therefore only guarantee that is of the quality that you can expect from a used vehicle in a similar condition.
* How do we inform you about the quality of our vehicles? Not only do we make sure that are vehicles are of the best quality, but we have also taken the time and money to make sure that every vehicle is tested by independent testing bodies. With every vehicle you buy from us you will get:
- a detailed roadworthiness report done by DEKRA; and
- roadworthiness certificate.
* DEKRA Roadworthy Tests comply with international standards you will get a multi-point check information sheet that sets out, in detail, the quality of every aspect of the vehicle.
The right to disclosure and information:
* Adequate information. To make an informed decision on the vehicles you would like buy, we will give adequate information in all our correspondence with you. We have also trained our sales team to do the same.
* Plain language. We will try our best to explain all details to you in plain language and all our contracts have been worded to make it reader friendly.
* Respect: We will respect every customer that walks through our doors and will not discriminate in any way that is in contrary to the CPA.
* Teamwork: We work together to give you the best value and the best quality vehicles.
* Communication: We share information, exchange ideas, and give feedback to you in plain and understandable language.
* Diversity: We embrace the uniqueness of all our customers, and work to ensure everyone feels valued, respected and not discriminated against in any way.
* Development: We give everyone chances to succeed and grow through training, and mentoring. This includes training and informing our staff about CPA.
* Fun: We have fun making car buying a memorable moment for you, our customer.
* Quality: We are quality people, with quality partners selling quality used products and we agree to always be upfront with you about exactly what you are getting.
* Pride: We are proud of what we do and who we are.
* Continuous improvement: We will never stop improving our systems, our processes, including those related to the CPA.
Our promise to you:
We promise to keep enhancing our service to you and to be totally committed to adhering to the Act and your rights contained within it. Citton Cars will continue to operate in a way that reflects our commitment to ethical behaviour, superior service and continued client support.